i still feel like it's fabulous. dare i say perfect? polotek likes the place, too. the catch is that we can only afford to book a friday at this venue. with a rental fee of $2500, that fits exactly within our budget with no wiggle room. the good thing is that the price does include everything in the rental, including taxes and fees (yippeeee!!), but i can't just gloss over the fact that booking a friday wedding clearly requires that most people take a day off from work if they want to attend. is it selfish to book a friday wedding?
let's think about this...
- it would save us $700 (vs. sunday) or $1500 (vs. saturday)! i could do a lot of other awesome things with that money. like buy a wedding dress.
- fridays are easier to book since most couples get married on saturday
- we could use the rest of the weekend to hang out with our peeps, without the pressure of the upcoming wedding
- people can get significantly inebriated at the reception and sleep it off on a saturday ;)
- we could take pictures that look like this (!!!!):
- people would more than likely have to take a day off from work to attend
- some people may not be able to make it because of work....?
- people possibly driving in dc traffic to our wedding in the city on a friday afternoon...?
i would now like to open up this discussion to the public. please PLEASE let me know your thoughts on this!!